Sunday, April 20, 2014

Adorable Easter Appetizer

Today my inspiration comes from Pinterest. I went on to search for some festive appetizers for Easter and came across this adorable version of spinach dip. Spinach dip has always been a staple appetizer for my family so obviously, I could not resist! All the credit goes to Jess at The Nesting Corral for the quick and easy idea and informative tutorial. Thanks!

365 Project- Day 3: Adorable Easter Appetizer!



I went to my local Best Market and picked up all of the ingredients. Here is what you'll need:

-1 package Knorr Vegetable recipe mix
-2 packages baby carrots
-Celery
-1 can black olives
-1 package frozen, chopped spinach (10 oz.)
-1 container sour cream (16 oz.)
-Mayonnaise
-2 baguette(s)
-1 round sourdough boule
-1 roll

First, I  prepared the spinach dip according to the Spinach Dip Recipe found on the back of the Knorr Vegetable recipe mix packaging. Once combined, I placed it in the refrigerator to chill.

Knorr Spinach Dip

Makes 4 cups dip Prep Time 10 Minute(s) Chill Time: 2 Hour(s)

Ingredients
1 package (10 oz.) baby spinach, chopped or 1 package (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
1 container (16 oz.) sour cream
1 cup mayonnaise
1 package Knorr Vegetable recipe mix
1 can (8 oz.) water chestnuts, drained and chopped (optional)
3 green onions, chopped (optional)

Preparation:
Combine all ingredients and chill for about 2 hours.



Then, I cut a circle from the top of the sourdough boule. In the original tutorial, this circle is used for the face of the bunny. However, I was unhappy with the seeds on the top of my bread so for purely aesthetic purposes I used a roll for the face instead. You could do it either way.


Next, I pulled most of the bread out of the center of the sourdough boule to accommodate the dip. Save these bread pieces as they will be used for dipping when serving.


Prior to serving, I arranged all of the bread in my pan to form the bunny (roll for the head, baguettes for the ears and sourdough boule for the body).




I placed carrots on top bread pieces in the middle and celery sticks on the bottom for dipping. I made the eyes and nose out of olives (halved) and the whiskers and mouth from celery.


So quick and easy. It's sure to be a hit!

Keep it glasSEA!

- Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! I appreciate each of you and your comments. They make me so happy! I love hearing from my readers so find glasSEA on Facebook and leave some love on my wall! If you have a question please feel free to email me!